News Break: Many Veterans Missing Out on Government Money They Could Use for Home Care

Many veterans 65 and older are missing out on money they could be getting from the government. And, despite popular belief, service-related disability isn’t required for this benefit. In fact, no kind of disability is. But you can use this money for home care.

The benefit is called the Improved Pension. We explain it in our latest online article, “Improved Pension: How Turning 65 Qualifies Many Veterans.” It has three levels. You may have heard of the highest, Aid and Attendance. To get it, you have to need care. Not so for the lowest level, however. From the article:

To qualify for the Improved Pension, a veteran must:

  1. Have served at least 90 days of active duty, including one during a wartime period. Dishonorable discharge is a disqualification.
  2. Be ONE of the following: 65 or older, living in a nursing home, totally and permanently disabled, or receiving Social Security Disability Insurance or Supplemental Security Income.
  3. Have a countable income and assets below a certain limit.

Some surviving spouses and children under 18 are also eligible for the Improved Pension. Please check out our article for details, and share it with friends and family. It’s another reason to celebrate turning 65 … or 75 … or 85 …

If you have questions about senior home
care services or if you want to start care:

Contact a Location Near You

Related Posts

January 5, 2023

Your Family Caregiver Self-Assessment for the New Year

Francesca Robinson, MA

August 15, 2022

Three Simple Tips to Avoid Financial Scams

Ashly Luckose, Esq.

June 6, 2022

What You Need to Know About Preferred Care at Home

Francesca Robinson, MA

Helping seniors age in place, with dignity & grace.