At Preferred Care at Home, we’re passionate about not only helping elderly people but also advocating for them. We recognize the wealth of knowledge and experience they possess. We believe that to be a strong community, we can’t ignore their stories and knowledge. And we’re concerned that elderly people have lost value in our culture. We want to be part of changing that.
Senior Resource Panels
Free events to guide you through the maze of senior resources in your community
Finding the senior-related resources you or your loved one needs can be an overwhelming task. That’s why we created Senior Resource Panels, free events to provide information about what’s available in your community.
The panels consist of local experts who answer your questions and help you find the resources you need. “We want to help seniors understand all the amazing resources that are available right in their own local area,” says Preferred Care at Home co-founder Jody Guerrieri. “Not only does this panel provide valuable information, but it brings our community together to help support the senior.”
Please click here to learn more about our free Senior Resource Panels.
“Leave a Legacy” Program
“Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?”
As we reach a great age, we need people to understand we’re not invisible. Our lives have been full, and we’ve earned the right to be respected. After all, we have so much experience and wisdom to share.
At Preferred Care at Home, we see elderly people as our giants of the forest. They’re worthy of our praise and adoration—our rapt attention. With that in mind, we’re providing a platform for legacies to be shared and celebrated.
Meet Don Martinetti, recipient of Preferred Care at Home’s Leave a Legacy Award for his lifetime commitment to learning. Seniors like Martinetti are an inspiration to us all.
Our Leave a Legacy program enables voices to be heard and stories to be remembered. We record your story in video, voice or written form and share it through our website. Through this complimentary program, we’re working to combat ageism and celebrate life and experience.
If you’d like us to come to your home and record your story, or that of a loved one, please contact your local Preferred Care at Home office. Here are some questions to spur ideas for what you might talk about:
- What cultural changes have you seen? What was good about the way things were? What’s better about the way things are today?
- What did you learn from your mother or father? What’s the number-one lesson they taught you? What skill or hobby did you share with them?
- Would you bring us into your kitchen, workshop or studio? What’s your favorite heirloom recipe? What cooking, art or carpentry technique would you like to pass on?
- What historical event sticks in your mind most? Do you recall prohibition? The Great Depression? The end of segregation?
- Did you fight in a war, or wait for a loved one who did? What did you learn during that time in your life?
- Do you remember seeing your first movie or color television show? What did you think about Elvis, hippies or the Beatles?
- Did you immigrate to this country? How did you build your life here? What lessons can you share?
- What were the secrets to making your marriage last?
- What do we misunderstand about an earlier era?
We look forward to hearing your story, or that of a loved one.
“Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life.”
(Biblical quotations are from the Holy Bible, New International Version.)
Anything Is Possible! Inspirational Booklet
One of our goals at Preferred Care at Home is to combat ageism. To that end, we’ve published a book called Anything Is Possible!.
This inspirational, encouraging book celebrates older people’s accomplishments. It’s distributed for free from Preferred Care at Home offices nationwide, as well as some senior and community centers, medical offices, and libraries.
Contact us to receive a free copy of Anything is Possible!.
Preferred Give-Back Program
Preferred Care at Home is committed to promoting nonprofit organizations that support the health care industry. Now, we extend that commitment to you.
When you enroll for service, you’ll have the opportunity to donate 5 percent of your first bill to a nonprofit of your choice. We’ll make the donation on your behalf, presenting you with a certificate you can use for a personal tax deduction.
© 2016-2017 Preferred Care at Home, a division of Help at Home Franchise Service, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Services may vary depending on the licensing of each Preferred Care at Home Franchise location. Each location is individually owned and responsible for controlling and managing day-to-day business operations.