It’s the third Monday of January, and at first glance, it’s just another Monday. Maybe it was Facebook, today’s Google doodle, or the fact that the banks are closed that reminded you that today is Martin Luther King, Jr Day. Today is set aside to remember Martin Luther King, Jr the activist and leader of the African American Civil Rights Movement. King received the Nobel Peace Prize for combating racial inequality through nonviolence and the message he communicated in the 1960s still inspire today. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from Dr. King.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ “
- “I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.”
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
- “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
Take a few minutes today to read the entire manuscript from Dr. King’s famous “I have a dream” speech, which he delivered on August 28, 1963 in front of the Lincoln Memorial during the organized March on Washington.
What is your favorite quote from Dr. King?
If you have questions about senior home
care services or if you want to start care:
June 26, 2023
June 21, 2023
May 25, 2023