We have higher standards for caregivers!
Our standards for caregiver qualification and performance are the highest in the region. This unprecedented standard is achieved by the following:
- Pre-placement minimum credentialing as a Direct Service Worker (16-hours of care-specific training)
- Pre-placement and annual review of caregiver’s credentialing with the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
- Pre-placement requirement to complete and pass a competency exam
- Pre-placement requirement to complete and pass a safe driving course
- Pre-placement requirement to complete and pass a first aid course
- Pre-placement requirement to complete and pass an infection control and prevention course
- Pre-placement and random drug testing
- Pre-placement and annual background search performed on the national, state and local levels
- Pre-placement and annual driving record search
- Proof of commendable work history/performance
- Caregivers required to have their own, reliable transportation ensuring client confidentiality
- Caregivers required to have valid driver’s license, proof of current vehicle inspection and auto insurance
- Require to complete a minimum of 16-hours of continuing education annually
- All caregivers are insured and bonded
- Strict, conservative dress code
- Access to our exclusive Learning Center for continuing education
© 2016-2017 Preferred Care at Home, a division of Help at Home Franchise Service, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Services may vary depending on the licensing of each Preferred Care at Home Franchise location. Each location is individually owned and responsible for controlling and managing day-to-day business operations.