Fall is in the air; I can feel it! After a hot summer there’s nothing better than a crisp fall day with orange, red and yellow leaves dropping from trees.
The change of season brings a new variety of activities, sights, smells and flavors. Starbucks brings back their Pumpkin Spice Latte, apple cider appears in grocery stores, hay bales and pumpkins decorate front porches, and roasting s’mores over a bonfire becomes the activity of choice.
As you age, one of the most important things you can do for your health is remain active. A new season brings a new opportunity to try new things. Here is a list of outdoor activities for seniors that will take advantage of the beautiful fall weather:
- Go for a walk: Take the time to enjoy the weather before it gets too cool. Enjoy the crisp blue sky and the bright-colored leaves. For an added bonus bring a companion to enjoy them with you.
- Go apple picking: If apple picking is too strenuous an activity, bring a friend, child or grandchild with you. Apple picking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors, exercise and food.
- Decorate your front door: Get festive and buy or make a wreath, set up a scarecrow, carve a pumpkin. You can be as creative as you want.
- Attend a fall festival: A fall festival can be a fun and interactive experience for friends and family.
You can also enjoy the season from the comfort of your home:
- Make apple cider: Enjoy a warm cup of cider on a cool day.
- Stay in touch: Send cards or write letters to friends and family.
- Build a fire: Curl up by a fire with a good book.
- Root for your favorite football team: For some, fall is synonymous with football season. Watch a sports game, and follow your favorite team.
What are some activities and traditions that you enjoy during the fall season? Will you do any of the activities on the list?
If you or a loved one is struggling to remain active, give us a call today. Our passion is to come alongside you and help you do the things you love. From apple picking to pie making, we will be by your side every step of the way.
© 2016-2017 Preferred Care at Home, a division of Help at Home Franchise Service, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Services may vary depending on the licensing of each Preferred Care at Home Franchise location. Each location is individually owned and responsible for controlling and managing day-to-day business operations.